Monday, July 26, 2010

Derek's First Day

Derek took off for his first day of medical school today! We are both a little nervous--Derek for obvious reasons, and me because I know he's going to be gone most of the time. But I know he's going to do great. Derek has determination like nothing I've ever been able to muster up. It's taken him this far, and it will take him all the way to being a full-blown doctor. I'm so proud of him! Here's some pictures of his first day.


Yay Derek! He has to wear a shirt and tie to school every day. He's not thrilled about it, but I definitely had fun picking out a whole new wardrobe for him!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, shirt and tie! That's intense. Good luck to Derek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I can't wait to take those pictures! Good job Derek! We are so happy for you guys in a sort of jealous way, but seriously congrats on a great life in general. Congrats Heidi on your job. I hope you realize what a miracle it was to find such a great job and situation. It has been really really hard for us to find jobs and nursing especially. You are SO blessed to have found an L&D right out of the gate! Hope all is well! See you three in August!

    ReplyDelete